Launch Party


Two months ago I had the most wonderful summer dinner party to launch the start of this little blog of mine. As we are in the thick of the hustle and bustle that comes with back to school and back to work, I wanted to take this post to look back on this memorable evening with my girlfriends. 

I decided to keep things easy and have a backyard party with a long candlelit table and fill it with food and friends. I have a few pictures below if you would like to take a peak:


One of the most exciting parts of the night was that we had tons of [La Cigale] ice cream to celebrate the big night. La Cigale is located just outside of Ottawa in Chelsea, Quebec. They have the BEST flavours and their in house waffle cones get me every time. La Cigale was kind enough to gift us with a bunch of tubs of ice cream with flavours such as gingersnap and chai, raspberry white chocolate, and butterscotch toffee. I was IN HEAVEN and so excited to introduce my guests with this gem of a local business.



In terms of decorations and activities, wellllllll I made a doughnut piñata. Yes it happened. I used [this tutorial] and made the whole thing while watching Captain Phillips. Note to self: Don't watch a fast pace thrilling movie with sharp scissors in your hand.


I kept things easy and made a whole bunch of veggie pizzas that were all laid out on the table throughout dinner for people to grab a slice. I used my [good old recipe] that I posted a couple weeks back and then added fun toppings like brussels sprouts and blackberries. Two tips when making crazy amounts of pizza
1) Pre bake the dough for about 6 minutes at 500ºF and then just when the guests are about to arrive throw on some toppings and bake for another 6-8 minutes. 
2) Don't be stingy. I repeat don't be stingy, especially with the toppings you should be going into this with a more is more mentality. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Stunning lunch party. Hope you all had great time. It reminded me of my sister’s lunch party that she threw at one of event venues Chicago. Best arrangements were there. It was just amazing and everyone enjoyed this day.

    ReplyDelete

Template Design by Pish and Posh Designs